Plum Media is looking for an Innovative Media Producer looking to contribute to a team of like-minded producers with a long-range goal of groundbreaking media production.
This candidate needs to be able to tell an interesting, succinct, and entertaining story. Superior verbal and written communication skills are required. Must be excellent at dreaming up something new and fresh, aligning with our clients’ vision, collaborating with the Plum team to deliver award-winning results.
We are looking for someone who finds solutions, not challenges, always looking for a way to say yes. This could mean picking up a camera, shooting and editing a story on your own, and delivering it to a client all in the same day. Or going out of your way to ensure your project is delivered on time and on budget. Or leading a cinematic crew around the world.
We have fun and look for people we just like to hang out with. Are you equal parts listener, speaker and listener (two ears, one mouth)? Do you see a bags game and take a toss? Are you adventurous in work and personal time?
The right candidate is 100% all in with everything. A perceptive person who sees when there is a need and takes care of it without being told. A self-starter committed to both client’s and co-workers with unconditional enthusiasm.
Our work involves partnering with a range of clients, from corporate executives and marketing professionals to ad agencies and non-profit organizations. The ability to read your client and situation, and to lead the client, not follow, is a must. If you are a good public speaker or polished account executive, possibly experienced on camera, you may be a good fit for this position. Emotional intelligence, having the ability to understand your own and others' emotions and how they drive behavior, is critical. Technical ability and the capacity to understand our or our client’s technology is important.
Being calm yet authoritative and always one step ahead is essential in this role. Must be unafraid to ask questions and take part in awkward or difficult conversations.
If you are a good public speaker or polished account executive, possibly experienced on camera, you may be a good fit for this position.
We are looking for someone who understands teamwork and high-end production value, who is not afraid to take charge yet delicately handle client relationships.
● Lead projects targeted toward our clients’ internal and external audiences.
● Must be experienced and comfortable in all phases of media production, including project management, writing, producing and directing. Experience in theater arts or independent film production is helpful.
● Videography and editing skills are valuable.
● Project accounting and invoice preparation is required.
● Seek out opportunities for improvement and efficiency – anticipate what needs to be done before assigned, see things through to completion accurately.
● Research prospective clients/cases using a variety of tools and resources.
● Data entry into CRM system with accuracy and within standards for record keeping.
● Client interface for sessions, meetings and/or for marketing reasons.
● Be well versed in the range of services and how to communicate with prospective clients about those services; Be able to articulate clearly what Plum Media is and does in its market space (e.g. elevator speech).
● General sales and marketing support responsibilities to others.
General Characteristics for Success
● Exceptional attention to detail.
● Intuitive problem solver.
● Creative and flexible thinker. An idea generator.
● Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), listening and persuasion skills – credible persona.
● Loves coming to and contributing to an enjoyable work environment. Bring your fun.
● Be able to be somewhat self-directed knowing what needs to be done.
● Meet deadlines; ability to see things through to completion without reminders.
● Ability to handle multiple competing priorities and remain calm and effective under pressure.
● Demonstrated service-oriented approach; motivated by providing solutions and impacting the success of others.
● Commitment to professionalism and ethics; respect for everyone and the confidentiality embedded in the business.
● Ability to get results through influencing others via effective communication.
● Interpersonal skills - ability to build rapport and interface with a diverse group of people quickly and easily.
● Decisive personality - Ability to set priorities and take action quickly and effectively without over or under analyzing resource allocation options.
● Operationally oriented; always looking for a better way to accomplish tasks.
● Reliable in schedule and time management.
● Ability to take feedback for development; demonstrate a growth mindset.
● Bachelor’s Degree.
● 5+ years’ experience in television production or equivalent experience.
● Experience working with customers and vendors.
● Ability to simultaneously balance multiple projects with competing priorities while working in a deadline-driven environment.
● Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, including composition, spelling and grammar.
● Proven problem-solving skills.
● Must be comfortable in both Mac and PC environments.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, Final Cut Pro X, Keynote, Hubspot.
● Willingness to work extra hours on occasion and travel.
ABOUT PLUM MEDIA
Plum is an award-winning full-service media production company located in Milwaukee’s historic Menomonee Valley. Our diverse client base range includes finance, healthcare, manufacturing and service industries comprised of several Fortune 500 companies operating globally. We also produce episodic television including “John McGivern’s Main Streets.” Customers seek our expertise in all phases of media production, from conception & creation, writing, video production, graphic arts, video editing and multiformat file delivery. The Plum staff brings creative and entertaining solutions to corporate and advertising issues.
Interested candidates should contact Careers@PlumMedia.com with resume and demo reel.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned. Plum Productions, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises.