Videoconferencing vs. Livestreaming
What’s the difference and how do you choose?
To clear up the confusion about the benefits of videoconferencing tools versus livestreaming, let’s use an analogy. Nod your head if you’ve ever been to cocktail party or happy hour. Keep nodding if you’ve attended a concert in a stadium. You probably enjoyed both events. There’s no doubt that when you received an invitation to each, your expectations were clear.
Keep this cocktail party versus concert comparison in mind as you read on about livestreaming and the pros and cons. First, some definitions.
NOW HIRING: Multi-Camera Live Stream and Live Event Writer/Producer/Director
- Patrice Nault
- Apr 23, 2020 1:21:59 PM
- live events, streaming, Plum News & Events, live streaming, recruiting, meetings, Behind The Scenes, webinar, livestream, web conferencing
Plum Media is looking for a Multi-Camera Live Streaming and Live Event Writer/Producer/Director for live events, corporate sales, training, marketing, and town hall meetings.
Livestream Webinar: Animation and Video Solutions: Unleashed
- Laura McElree
- Apr 22, 2020 11:35:54 AM
- video production, online video, video marketing, sales & marketing, live events, corporate communications, streaming, Plum News & Events, live streaming, resources, events & resources, Repurposing, meetings, webinar, livestream, web conferencing
Join Plum Media for an interactive livestream on April 30th. We'll discuss ways you can incorporate video into your messaging strategy.
Virtual Meeting Bingo [FREE DOWNLOAD]
- Evan Watters
- Apr 16, 2020 2:00:00 PM
- live events, just for fun, streaming, live streaming, resources, events & resources, meetings, webinar, livestream, web conferencing
Make your virtual meetings more enjoyable and exciting with the Plum Media Virtual Meeting Bingo downloadable bingo card.
Virtual Meeting Etiquette Tips
- Laura McElree
- Mar 19, 2020 10:34:02 AM
- online video, video marketing, public relations, live events, corporate communications, resources, meetings, corporate video, webinar, web conferencing
Being a part of a virtual meeting is a different experience than face-to-face communication – especially if it’s your face on camera. Just like a meeting in a conference room, there are some etiquette tips that can make your next virtual meeting more enjoyable for everyone involved.
Plum Media: Open for Business and Ready to Help
- Laura McElree
- Mar 16, 2020 10:09:51 AM
- video production, online video, video marketing, YouTube, live events, corporate communications, Plum News & Events, live streaming, Repurposing, meetings, product video, corporate events, webinar, livestream, web conferencing, post production, editing, pre-poduction, audio production
Working with Plum, you already know we always have a Plan B in our back pocket, and in some cases, a Plan C and Plan D.
Adding Podcasting as a Channel
Podcasting is a growing way to get your message in front of an audience. Neilson estimates that over 50% of the US population already listens to podcasts - and it’s not just millennials. Research shows that older generations also prefer to consume information in audio form.
Five Remote and Virtual Meeting Best Practices
- Rhonda Patzlsberger
- Mar 3, 2020 2:52:15 PM
- live events, corporate communications, streaming, live streaming, corporate video, corporate events, webinar, livestream, web conferencing
Gathering your company’s employees for an onsite meeting may be productive, but not always feasible. There could be travel restrictions, budget cutbacks, or you simply have employees located all over the world.
Whatever the reason, don’t let remote and virtual meeting technology get the best of you. Broadcasting through live streaming is a great option. Follow these five best practices to make it a success.
4 Questions To Ask In Pre Production to Achieve Your Campaign Goals
When clients call me with a new video project, I listen intently, take copious notes and wait for the inevitable pause. Then I launch into a list of questions only a producer would ask.
You Might Also Like...
Get information on video and live events delivered straight to your inbox:
Learn from our team of video producers and live events experts. Get creative inspiration and tips that you can use in your video marketing, communication and event management efforts.